A good set of whisks will beat, whip, stir, and mix without bending. You'll need them to get lumps out of batter and scramble eggs to that perfect consistency. Most cooks keep a few different whisks around for different tasks; for example, if you frequently make eggs in a nonwhisk'>standard whisk is usually the most versatile choice, but trust your judgement.
* Wires that don't cross/join at the end (on standard and balloon whisks) makes it easier to clean.
* Stainless steel wires won't rust.
* Silicone wires are usually more bendy but won't scratch your pans.
* Comfortable, ergonomic handle.
* A handle long enough for the bowls and pots that you have.