Ah, Thanksgiving. Home cooking, family gethaves that can be added to your traditions to make the holiday a special one.
The holidays can be a stressful time, so here is some helpful advice to make sure you are prepared this year:
* Plan your menu at least a week before so you can go shopping as early as possible. You don't want to want to scramble at the last minute, fighting with old ladies over the last can of cranberry sauce
* If you're having dinner at your house, set the table the night before. It's one fewer thing to worry about!
* Try to prepare some of the dishes the night before so you can won't have as much to do on Thanksgiving.
* Ask your guests to bring a dish or a bottle of wine. You shouldn't be expected to prepare everything, nor should anyone show up empty-handed.
* Double-check your guest list. If Cousin Tommy is bringing along his new girlfriend, find out if she's a vegetarian.
* Be extra thankful this year and try to celebrate a green holiday
Remember to be Thankful
Give thanks this Thanksgiving day for all the wonderful things in your life. This is one major holiday that has no religious divide, so gather everyone together and enjoy. This is a day to start traditions with your friends and family, and it's especially fun to get the kids involved. Check out some of the simple ideas in the guides below to help make your day easier.
What's for Dinner?
The most important part of Thanksgiving is obviously the food. You can buy a lot of the components of your meal online, from the hors d'oeuvres to the dessert, so you should check out the complete guide to '''Setting the Thanksgiving Table
'''is sure to help. And don't forget....
Don't Forget to Decorate
Whether or not you are having people over, a few seasonal decorations really can spruce things up a bit. It's simple to keep your house looking superb with a few strategically placed decorations. If you need some advice, the guide to '''Thanksgiving and Fall Crafts
''' guide is here to help. If you don't have time to read, try these quick searches for your decorating needs.