Having blemishes on the one part of your body that is constantly in the limelight can be embarrassing to say the least. For those with severe acne, it can take a huge toll on self esteem. Rather than let acne run your life, take control and learn how to deal treat your skin properly by getting the right Quick Tips
* Stick to a program to see it work. In the beginning stages it's not uncommon to experience dry skin, flaking, redness, inflammation or even an increase in breakouts. Usually this is temporary and will subside within a week. If the problems persist or last longer than a week, it may be a sign that you should look for a different product or reduce usage.
* Scrubbing and/or excessive washing can actually worsen acne. Wash gently twice a day and if needed, use a scrub once a week to slough off dead skin.
* If you wear cosmetics, be sure to look for those that are nonbased. They are less likely to clog pores.
* Keep your hands away from your face. You pick up germs from everything you touch and the last thing you want on your face is more bacteria. This leads to the next point.
* Leave blemishes alone! People have a tendency to want to pick and squeeze pimples because sometimes it makes a pimple go away faster, but really this can make them worse unless you know what you're doing. Check out the following Web sites for instructions on how to nab a zit safely: Acne.org
(quick and concise) and WikiHow
(a good, clean method).
* Acne is not contagious, but it can spread on your own face if it is not treated properly.
When shopping for drugstore variety acne products the best thing you can do for yourself is to take the time to read the ingredient and know what it is the product can do for you. It's also important to understand the side effects of each drug so that you can properly counteract them.
Product Quick Picks
The following are suggestions for products that when combined (one from each section), may be effective on mild to moderate acne. Remember that this is a rough guide and is not a sure fire prescription to solve every individual's problem. Like with all skin care products remember that it takes time to find what works best for you. The products that have been chosen here were selected from the reviews found at CosmeticsCop.com
. The last series of listings are finalists for the CEW, Cosmetic Executive Women Beauty Awards. All the products listed here, with the exception of the DDF toner and the Bliss spot treatment, cost less than $20.
So fresh and so clean! The first step towards a fresher more confident you is to simply wash your face! You may not be able to rid yourself from all the residual grime of life's trials and tribulations, but that's no reason your face should have to wear it! Choose any one of these products to bring that fresh and clean look to your face.
Eww, yuck! Oh the honest cruelty of natural light. It shows no ounce of remorse as it highlights wrinkles, pores, and skin discoloration. Don't hide away in embarrassment, flght back! Give your skin the even tone you desire with these pore mininmizing and refining products. Go ahead, embrace that natural light. You have nothing to hide.
Dry, rough, and itchy skin. It can be as frustrating and embarrassing as acne. With all the difficult decisions we have to make in life, choosing a good mositurizer should not be one of them. Give your skin the care and nourishment it needs with any of these mositurizing products.
Treatments Less Than $10
Zap 'em dead! Who says you have to spend a lot to have great looking skin! Beautiful, blemish-free, skin is in your reach. Whether your face is harvesting pimples like it is its job or just allows for the occasional pimple or two, these acne treatments are ready to take on those nasty critters, one breakout at a time.
Treatments More Than $10
For those of us with a bit more pocket change. Oooo, fancy!
Related Buying Guides